1 Project, 3 Ways: Clear Tile Frames
Clear Tile Frames
- Wooden surfaces: black shadowbox frame; narrow wood-tone frame; black framed mirror
- Travelogue Collection “Are We There Yet?” patterned (Teresa Collins)
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Collection Fragments tiles (Advantus): Squares & Rectangles; Ovals & Circles
- Hey Sugar fabric (Cosmo Cricket)
- Dilly-Dally Espresso Rub-Ons (October Afternoon)
- Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Ranger): Currant; Slate; Espresso; Meadow
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink Metallic Mixatives (Ranger): Gold; Silver
- Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution (Ranger)
- Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator (Ranger)
- Paints (Ranger): Adirondack Black Acrylic Paint Dabber; Tim Holtz Distress Black Soot Crackle Paint
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents (Ranger)
- Stickles glitter glues, assorted (Ranger)
- Micro Serrated Scissors (Ranger)
- Sanding block
- Heat tool
- Red ball-head straight pins, two
- 1. Paint shadowbox frame Black Soot; let dry. Cover back of large oval Fragment with Glossy Accents and carefully place on front side of fabric; let dry. Trim, then lightly sand, excess fabric. Adhere rubon to front of Fragment; adhere oval to frame. Tie fabric strip around top; insert pins through knot.
- 1. Paint mirror frame Black; let dry. Lightly sand edges. Cover backs of several Fragments with Glossy Accents and carefully place on front side of paper, noting pattern placement; let dry. Trim, then lightly sand, excess paper. Using photo as guide, glue tiles to frame. Detail tiles with glitter glues; let dry.
- Alcohol Inks
- 1. Frame photo. "Frame" photo with various tiles as shown. Remove tiles to protected surface and drop various inks here and there onto tiles. Apply Blending Solution to applicator, along with touches of Metallic Mixatives, and pounce up and down on tiles until pleased with effect. If displeased, wipe away ink with paper towel and start again. Heat set ink and adhere tiles to photo with Glossy Accents; let dry.