- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Bittersweet Chocolate, Black Plum, Bleached Sand, Espresso, Heritage Brick, Forest Green, Hauser Dark Green, Mustard Seed, Napa Red, Snow (Titanium) White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon: Liner, Series 7350, #10/0; Shader, Series 7300, #2, #4, #8; Angular Shader, Series 7400, 3/8", 1/2", 3/4"
- Fancy Plaque (#38-073) and set of three Coffee Cup Ornaments (#100599) from Cabin Crafters
- DecoArt: Brush ‘n Blend Extender; Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Saw tooth hanger
- Royal & Langnickel Synthetic Sponge (#2005) or similar sponge
- Cosmetic or wedge sponge
- Pin striping tape, 1/4"
- Eclectic E-6000 Adhesive
- Coffee maker and ground coffee
Pattern - Coffee Sign
- 1. Brew one cup strong coffee (1/4 cup grounds to 1 cup water); pour brewed coffee back over grounds several times for even stronger coffee. Slowly heat coffee in saucepan on low heat reducing to thick syrup-like consistency. (Note: Do not over-heat to avoid burnig coffee and ruining warm color.) Pour thickened coffee into small covered container.
- 2. Seal front and side of plaque, and cups. Sand lightly; wipe dust. Base all pieces Bleached Sand. Print out pattern; transfer color-blocked areas on plaques and basic pattern lines onto cups. (Transfer details as needed.) Use pin striping tape to protect basecoated areas around color-blocked areas.
- 3. Using photo as guide, use dry sponges to stipple color blocked areas using large sponge for center area and cosmetic sponge for outer edges, in following colors: Mustard Seed, Forest Green, Espresso, and Napa Red. Let dry. Remove tape.
- 4. Use 3/4" angular shader to apply thin, even layer Extender over color-blocks working one block at a time. Use sheer Heritage Brick to shade around edges of Mustard Seed section, Hauser Dk. Green to shade around Forest Green block, Bittersweet Chocolate around Espresso block, and Black Plum around Napa Red block.
- 5. Use liner and Forest Green to paint "good things happen over" lettering. Use appropriate size shaders and Bleached Sand to paint "Coffee". Outline with Espresso.
- Coffee Cups
- 1. Use #2 shader and Napa Red to paint checked pattern on left cup, Heritage Brick checks on center cup, and Forest Green checks on right cup. Use liner and thickened coffee to add linework. Force dry. Set coffee with light spray of sealer. (Note: Coffee does not cure like paint therefore brushing over dried coffee will remove work.) Use 1/2" angular shader and thickened coffee to shade cups and saucers. Force dry, seal, and repeat. Float Snow White back-to-back highlights down center of each cup.
- 2. Use shaders and thickened coffee to base coffee inside cups; repeat as needed for deep rich color. Force dry and seal.
- 1. Glue coffee cups onto color-blocks. (Note: If desired, move coffee cup placement up a bit to allow for adding hooks along bottom of plaque to hang coffee cups; steam lines will then "trickle" above framed border.) Use liner to add Bleached Sand steam lines.
- 2. Use Espresso to paint curved plaque edge (dotted area). Use large end of stylus or paint brush handle to add random Bleached Sand dots.
- 3. Apply several sealer coats. Attach saw tooth hanger to top center back of plaque.