- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique Gold, Baby Blue, Bleached Sand, Burnt Umber, Buttermilk, Cherry Red, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Heritage Brick, Holly Green, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Marigold, Melon, Snow (Titanium) White, Soft Sage, Toffee, True Blue, True Red, Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Majestic: Shader, Series R4150, #4, #6, #8, #10; Round, Series R4250, #3, #5; Script Liner, Series R4585, #10/0; Chisel Blender, Series R4150-S, #4, #6
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Round paper-mache box, 14"
- Snowflake stencil, 1"
- Optional: Holly stencil, 1"
- Berry maker
Pattern - Chubby Snowman
- 1. Use compass to mark off a 1-1/2" border on lid top. Use #10 shader and True Red to base border and lid sides, and bottom sides of box. Repeat for opaque coverage. Base center area of lid top with two coats Buttermilk. Use #4 shader and Antique Gold to paint trim around outer Buttermilk edges.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use #10 shader and thinned Burnt Umber to wash behind snowman outline, blending into background color and out to edge.
- 1. Use #4 and #6 shaders to base body and head Bleached Sand; use #6 chisel blender to shade washy Burnt Umber along outer edges of head and body, and on body along edges of sweater. Glaze center of head and body Snow White. Use #4 chisel blender and thinned Melon to wash cheeks. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes; use script liner and thinned paint for eyelashes. Add Snow White highlight dots in eyes. Base carrot nose Jack-O-Lantern Orange; highlight Marigold along top. Use script liner and thinned Cherry Red to add detail lines. For arms, use #3 round and thinned Burnt Umber to paint branches.
- 1. Use #5 round to base Soft Sage. Use shaders to base Hauser Lt. Green stripes; use #4 chisel blender and brush mix of Hauser Lt. Green and Snow White to highlight and use Hauser Dk. Green to shade. Use script liner and Hauser Dk. Green to line edges of darker green stripes. Use script liner and thinned Cherry Red to add pinstripes between darker green stripes. Add Hauser Dk. Green knots on scarf ends; use script liner and thinned paint for fringe.
- 1. Paint green area in same manner as scarf. Base brim Lt. Buttermilk; shade Toffee along edges. Base pom-pom Burnt Umber; use script liner and thinned Snow White to add detailing lines.
- 2. For pine sprig, use script liner and thinned Burnt Umber to paint branches. Add thinned Hauser Dk. Green pine needles; dot berries Cherry Red.
- 1. Base light blue sections Baby Blue; use #6 chisel blender to shade edges True Blue. Base dark blue sections True Blue; shade edges Ultramarine Blue. Use #3 round and Yellow Ochre to base zigzag pattern; highlight Buttermilk. Use script liner and thinned Buttermilk to add zigzag stitch lines. Base center ribbing Ultramarine Blue; use script liner and thinned Baby Blue to add detailing lines. Base white areas Snow White; use script liner and thinned Ultramarine Blue to add herringbone detailing. Use script liner and thinned True Blue to add additional ribbing lines.
- 2. Paint buttons True Red; use dirty brush and small amount of Snow White to add highlight shine line along bottom. Add Lamp Black button holes; add smaller Snow White "holes". Use #3 round to paint Hauser Dk. Green pine trees.
- 1. Use Heritage Brick to base face and breast; paint wings and tail Cherry Red. Base beak Antique Gold. Paint face mask Lamp Black. Dot eye Snow White. Use thinned Lamp Black to paint legs; paint feet Antique Gold.
- 1. Use #8 shader and Snow White to base blanket of snow; use dirty brush and Burnt Umber to shade. Highlight Baby Blue. Blend colors forming mounds.
- 2. Holly Leaves and Border Detailing Paint or stencil leaves Holly Green; shade Hauser Dk. Green. Use thinned Hauser Lt. Green to add vein lines. Dip berry maker into Cherry Red then into Heritage Brick to make berries. Add Snow White highlight dots on each berry. Add random tri-dot Snow White patterns on red border of lid top.
- 1. Use snowflake stencil to add Snow White snowflakes around bottom sides of box; add additional tri-dot patterns between.
- 2. Use script liner and thinned Snow White to paint snowflakes around snowman; add random dip-dot flakes. Add additional dip-dots on pom-pom.
- 3. Apply two to three sealer coats.