size: 12" square
- Plywood, 1/2" thick, 12" square
- Wooden letters: B; O, two
- Haunted house print paper, 12"x12"
- Metal handles, two
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: French Mocha, Neutral Grey, Soft Black, Tangerine, Titanium White
- Loew-Cornell Paintbrushes: Series 3050 Script Liner #1; Series 3300 Shader #10; Series 242 Basecoater 1"
- Découpage medium
- Drill with bit
- Craft glue
- cloth, sandpaper, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Boo-tiful Tray
- 1. On covered work surface, sand plywood and letters; wipe dust with cloth. Use basecoater brush to apply découpage medium onto plywood. Position print paper on plywood; apply another coat of découpage medium onto paper. Lifting one side to ensure smoothness, use long pressure strokes to remove air bubbles. Let dry.
- 2. Basecoat letters French Mocha. Lightly sand and wipe dust. While still wet, brush Tangerine onto bottom edges and Soft Black onto top edges. Blend each color smoothly, working out from French Mocha for smooth, graduated look. When dry, paint outer and inner edges Soft Black.
- 3. Position "B" over paper and trace moon shape. Use shader to paint moon Titanium White.
- 4. Print out pattern. Transfer bats onto letters. Paint bats Soft Black; add Neutral Grey highlight strokes to heads and wings. Use script liner to paint branches Soft Black. Use same brush to paint smaller, curvier branches Neutral Grey. Let dry.
- 5. Drill holes onto each side for handles. Screw in handles. Adhere letters onto tray. Apply several light coats of varnish.
- 1. Substitute your favorite print paper motif or scene for a variety of different tray displays.