Pattern - Maple Leaf Trivet
- 1. Cover work area with newspaper or kraft paper. Sort Cobblestones glass mix into color piles. Example shown has combination of red and orange for leaf and blue and green for background.
- 2. Remove trivet base from holder. Print out full-size patterns. Transfer maple leaf onto trivet base using transfer paper and pencil. Trace outline of maple leaf using black marker.
- 3. Arrange red and orange glass tiles inside leaf, fitting edges together like puzzle. Start from leaf outline and work inward, leaving 1/8" space between pieces for grout. When satisfied with arrangement, adhere tiles to trivet base.
- 4. Repeat Step 3 with the blue and green glass tiles for background. Let dry overnight.
- 5. Mix 1/4 cup grout with 1-1/2 Tbsp. water to peanut butter consistency using craft stick in mixing bowl. With gloved hand, smooth grout over tiles, working grout into spaces between tiles. Remove excess grout with sponge. Let set for 10 minutes. Remove grout haze with damp sponge.
- 6. Let trivet set overnight. When dry, buff with soft cloth.
- 1. Never dispose of grout down drain. Use a paper towel to wipe out missing bowl, throwing excess grout in trash.