work gloves and eyewear, ruler, masking tape, sponge
1. Wearing gloves and eyewear, cut glass sheet into 1/2" tiles using cutter by holding cutter upright with wheel pressed onto edge of glass. Score glass sheet with medium pressure from end to end, creating 1/2"-wide strip. Turn sheet over on work surface. Wrap ends of pliers with tape; grasp end of sheet and bend toward table to snap off strip. Flip strip over; score 1/2" from end creating 1/2"x1/2" tile; use pliers to snap off. Repeat process for 125 tiles or amount needed for project.
2. Adhere row of tiles around top of candleholder, leaving 1/8"-1/4" space between tiles. Adhere second row of tiles then adhere third row of mirror tiles. Finish covering surface with tiles. Let dry for 24 hours.
3. With gloved hand, apply premixed grout directly to surface of tiles. Use damp sponge to move grout in between tiles. Wipe excess grout from tiles. Let dry for 30 minutes.
4. Dampen sponge; remove grout haze using even pressure. Let set for 30 minutes. Rebuff tiles if needed.
1. Mosaic this candleholder along with the O'Neil Sisters by visiting http://tinyurl.com/videoglassmosaic for a complete video tutorial.