Pattern - Sweetheart Wedding Frame
Pattern - Mosaic Tips For Success
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. Place all supplies on work surface.
- 2. Trace and cut pattern. Enlarge pattern 400%. Transfer pattern to frame.
- 3. For pink mosaic ribbon and hearts, use wheeled glass nippers to cut edges angled to fit pattern curves. (Note: To nip glass, hold stained glass chip in fingers and wheeled glass nippers in opposite hand. Open nipper jaws and place pink glass square between wheels. Squeeze nippers closed to nip glass.) Nip angled ribbon pieces to approximately 1/4" to 3/8". Nip flat side of angled piece to fit pattern, using photo as guide. Repeat until ribbon pattern is filled.
- 4. Glue ribbon pieces to frame, leaving approximately 1/16" to 1/8" between pieces.
- 5. Fill in background with white stained glass chips. For two triangles, draw diagonal line on tile; nip. Nip triangles on diagonal again for four triangles. Continue nipping and fitting triangles until background is completely filled.
- 6. Glue background pieces to frame, leaving approximately 1/16" to 1/8" between pieces and outer frame edges. Allow at least 24 hours to dry.
- 7. Place one cup of grout into mixing bowl and slowly add water, one tablespoon at a time. Mix with craft stick or spoon until grout reaches fudge-like consistency. (Note: If consistency is too watery, add reserved dry grout in small amounts to correct consistency.
- 8. Wear disposable gloves to spread grout into nooks and crannies between glass. Let grout set for 15 minutes, then remove excess with damp sponge. Rinse sponge several times and wipe surface until it is free of grout.
- 9. Use soft cloth to buff glass to a clean shine. Let dry for 24 hours.