Pattern - Lotus Mosaic Mirror
Pattern - Color Chart
- 1. Print out full-size pattern. Trace and cut out pattern. Set aside.
- 2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix 8 oz. of EnviroTex. Divide epoxy into disposable cups as shown on Color Chart on page 13; add pigment powder and stir using craft sticks. (Note: Acrylic craft paint can be substituted for pigment powder. Mix four drops of thick paint or eight drops of thin paint with epoxy.)
- 3. Pour Magenta and Scarlet epoxy onto tablecloth, leaving 1" between pools. Combine portion of colors together to create third color. Pour Violet, Emerald, and Misty Lavender epoxy on tablecloth, leaving space between pools. (Note: One ounce of mixed epoxy spread over 4"x4" area will be perfect thickness for project. Epoxy will settle into thin layer naturally.) Let dry 12 hours.
- 4. Center mirrors on plaque; adhere in place.
- 5. Trace pattern pieces on epoxy with black marker. Cut pieces from epoxy sheets with scissors. (Note: If epoxy is difficult to cut, warm with heat gun or hairdryer.) Remove marker ink with alcohol-soaked swabs.
- 6. Adhere epoxy flower parts to plaque, leaving 1/4" between pieces for grout lines. Cut pieces of remaining epoxy to fill background in shapes of choice, leaving 1/8" border along plaque edges. Let dry overnight.
- 7. Position plaque on four disposable cups. Cover mirrors with plastic wrap secured with painter's tape. Mix 12 oz. of EnviroTex following manufacturer's instructions. Cover plaque surface with epoxy, spreading with sponge brush. After 20 minutes, pop visible bubbles with heat gun or hair dryer. After two hours, scrape off drips on underside of plaque. Let cure for 24 hours.
- 8. Apply another layer of epoxy if needed following Step 7. Remove plastic from mirrors. Attach hanger of choice.
- 1. Find more designs for mosaic projects in stained glass pattern books and coloring books.