Give Thanks Handprint Jar
- Diamond Tech: KraftyBlok Original with Large KraftyBlok Stand; Classico Mini Shimmers, 8 oz.
- Adhesive-back foam letters
- Jennifer’s Mosaics Mosaic Tile Nippers
- Black markers: washable, permanent
- Weldbond Weldbond Adhesive
- scissors, pencil, marker, window cleaner and paper towels, iron and pressing surface
- 1. Clean outside of block with window cleaner; let dry.
- 2. Cut 7-1/2"x7-1/2" burlap panel; press if necessary to flatten. Position block face down on flat surface. Apply small amount of adhesive around edges. Press burlap panel into adhesive with firm pressure to keep panel smooth. Let dry.
- 3. Turn block over. Place child's hand on glass with fingers spread out. Outline hand for turkey's body using washable marker.
- 4. Adhere rows, alternating colors with 1/8" spaces between, of brown, purple and black tiles to turkey's body. Adhere white tile to thumb for turkey's eye.
- 5. Adhere same-color tiles to turkey's feathers, working from finger base to tip.
- 6. Cut orange and red tile in half on diagonal using tile nippers. (Note: Adults, help kids when using tile nippers.) Adhere orange tile to beak and red tile to wattle. Let dry overnight. Remove washable marker outline.
- 7. Press foam letters "give thanks" on main display of block. Spot glue if needed.
- 8. Dot pupil on eye using permanent marker. Position block on stand to display.
- 1. Cut construction paper "feathers" in fall colors. Have holiday guests jot down what he/she is thankful for and place inside block. Read feather notes when everyone is gathered for Thanksgiving dinner.