Mosaic River Rock Frame
- Wooden frame (3591), 7”x9” (Walnut Hollow)
- Small polished river rocks (available at craft stores)
- Americana Acrylic Paint: Warm White (DecoArt)
- Make-It-Mosaics Grout, 1 lb. container (Plaid)
- Disposable container
- Mosaic Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Optional: Spatula
- 1. Arrange rocks on frame front as desired, leaving small amount of space between each one. Glue rocks to frame. Let dry 24 to 36 hours.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix 1/3 lb. grout in a disposable container.
- 3. Use spatula or fingers to spread grout over rocks and into all crevices. Let set for 10-15 minutes. Wipe off excess grout with wet sponge. Continue until all grout is removed from top of rocks. After grout is dry, polish rocks with soft cloth.
- 4. Paint back and sides of frame Warm White; let dry. Lightly sand frame edges for an aged look.
- Workspace Tips
- 1. Prepare protected work surface for grouting to ease cleanup. Freezer paper works great!
- 2. Gather mixing container, mixing stick, bucket of water, sponge, paper towels, gloves, and dust mask before opening grout.
- 3. Wear rubber or latex gloves for handling grout. Grout can be next to impossible to remove from under your nails and can "burn" sensitive skin.
- 4. Always wear dust mask when mixing grout. Tips provided by Barbara Matthiessen.