Beaded Mosaic Vase
- Recycled glass jar, any size
- Assorted beads in color(s) of choice
- Make-It-Mosaics Grout, 1 lb. container (Plaid)
- Disposable container
- Mosaic Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Optional: Spatula
- 1. Mix beads in a container. Lay jar on its side and spread a 1"-wide strip of Mosaic Glue all the way down side. Place beads in glue with edges touching. Let beads set, making sure beads don't slide down jar. (Note: The first strip of beads requires the most attention. After that, beads won't slide since they are held in place by previously set beads.)
- 2. Turn jar a small amount and spread another strip of glue. Place bead in glue in same way. Let glue set. Continue spreading glue and setting beads until entire side of jar is covered. (Note: Do not glue beads to jar bottom.) Let glue dry 24 to 36 hours.
- 3. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix 1/3 container of grout with water.
- 4. Use spatula or fingers to spread grout on top of beads and into all crevices. Let grout set 10-15 minutes. Wipe off excess grout with damp sponge. Continue until all grout is removed from top of beads. When dry, polish beads with soft cloth.
- Tips for Success
- 1. Use tweezers to place small, intricate items.
- 2. Adhere mosaic elements to your surface working from the center outwards or complete the most intricate design first. By working from the center out, you're less likely to accidentally move pieces before the glue sets.
- 3. Let adhesive cure before grouting. Tips provided by Barbara Matthiessen.