Sea Glass Wreath
The Dow Chemical Company
Sea Glass Wreath
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Half-Round Wreath, 12”
- Tumbled sea glass, found or purchased
- Seashells, moss, twigs
- Ribbon, 6” length
- Metal u-pin
- Lightweight spackling
- Plaid Matte Mod Podge
- Low-temp glue gun and sticks
- sponge, disposable container, spatula, flat brush, newspaper (to cover work surface), soft cloth, measuring cup
- 1. Adhere sea glass onto front and sides of wreath using glue gun. Adhere glass as close together as possible, using assortment of shades and sizes. Try to keep surface as level as possible. When applying thicker piece of glass, position it with pointed side down; push into wreath until level with other pieces. (Note: The glass will appear farther apart once spackling is applied.)
- 2. Use spatula to mix 1/2 cup of spackling in disposable container. Using your fingers, apply small amounts of spackling between glass pieces, filling in gaps. Wipe excess spackling from glass using soft cloth.
- 3. When all gaps and cracks are filled, wipe remaining spackling from glass using damp sponge. Rinse sponge often. Wipe sides of wreath clean. Let set.
- 4. Repeat sponging until glass pieces are completely clean before allowing wreath to completely dry. (Note: Do not wait until spackling is completely dry as it is difficult to remove film from glass.)
- 5. Brush Mod Podge on all surfaces of wreath to seal and enhance colors of glass. Let dry.
- 6. Arrange and adhere moss, shells, and twigs on wreath using glue gun.
- 7. Adhere ribbon loop to top back of wreath. Pin and adhere u-pin over ribbon to secure. Let dry.
- 1. For a bold look, tint spackling with black acrylic paint. The dark contrast with the light colors of glass will create a vivid, stained glass appearance.