This idea was originally published in our 2017 Spring issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Snip stems of each flower 2-3” from base of bloom.
2. Gather and pinch three larger blooms together with your thumb and index finger. Continue to add flowers of your choice, styling them into a bundle and pinching all stems together at the base.
3. Wrap florist wire tightly around base of gathered bundle five to six times.
4. Cut stems 1½” away from base of bundle to make them all the same length.
5. Cut 1 ft. of florist tape and wrap all of the stems together, moving from base of bloom down to ends of stems in a spiral motion to cover entire bundle. Note: Florist tape is very tacky and will adhere to itself and stems very easily. Cut off any excess tape.
6. Use bobby pins to secure finished piece into hair.