Pattern - Woodgrained Wine Holder
- 1. Remove hardware if desired. Mix equal parts Khaki Tan with sealer; basecoat box. Lightly sand and wipe dust. Basecoat Khaki Tan. Sand again.
- 2. Mix two parts Faux Glazing Medium with one part Lt. Cinnamon; dip 3" dampened brush into mix and quickly apply to box side. While still wet, apply wood graining tool to box. Start at one point of tool, then move back and forth, slowing pulling tool down side while moving. If graining runs, simply wipe off and re-grain. Work one side at a time, letting dry before proceeding to next side.
- 3. When dry, print and cut out pattern; transfer design to box. Load Spongit with Plum; pounce onto palette to remove excess paint, then load additional color(s) (listed below) and pounce again until well blended. Use pattern as color guide to paint the following:
- 4. D: Plum, 1/2 Black Plum; M: Plum, 1/2 Black Plum, tip mix of equal parts Plum with Orchid (Mix A); M + H: Tip again with Orchid; H: Plum, 1/2 Mix A, tip Orchid
- 5. Use round brush to paint stems and tendrils Raw Umber; randomly highlight with Mix A.
- 6. Repeat step 4 as you work around pot. Set aside to dry.
- 7. Use large brush and clean water to gently remove transfer lines. Apply several light coats of varnish.