Glorybee Foods, Inc.
- Beeswax sheets (colored or natural)
- Beeswax bar, 1 oz.
- Flat braid wicking: 24-ply (tapers); 3- ply (pillars)*
- Decorative paper
- Bee appliqué mold*
- Mod Podge (Plaid)
- *Products by Glorybee Foods, Inc.
- 1. Cut wicking to desired candle height plus 1/4". Lay wicking 1/4" in from end of beeswax sheet; use hairdryer set on low to warm edge.
- 2. Gently pinch sheet around wicking; roll tightly. For thicker candle, add additional sheets, using fingers to smooth edges.
- 3. For appliqué bees, use double-boiler to melt beeswax bar. Pour into mold; let harden. Pop from mold.
- 4. Cut strip from decorative paper to fit around candle. Follow manufacturer's instructions on Mod Podge to adhere paper and bee(s) to candle. Tie raffia around candle.
- 1. Warm sheets until softened, but do not melt wax. Re-warm as you go if necessary to avoid cracking.
- 2. The thickness of the candle depends on how many sheets are used. One beeswax sheet makes one taper candle. For pillar candle, use five to eight sheets.
- 3. It is very important to wrap sheet around wick tightly. If wicking is too loose, the candle will burn down too quickly.
- 4. Lay candle on its side while glue is drying to avoid bee from sliding out of place.
- 5. Computer or hand print journaling on paper strips before wrapping around candle for personalized gifts or favors.