Lip Balm & Gloss
Life of the Party
- Spa Indulgence items: Lip Balm Mixture; Lip Flavoring of choice; Color Powder of choice; Lip Canisters; Decorative Labels
- Microwave oven
- Wooden craft sticks or spoons
- Glass measuring cup
- Disposable medicine dropper or pipette
- *Products by Life of the Party
- Lip Balm
- 1. Empty contents of sunflower oil and beeswax beads into measuring cup. Microwave in 30 second intervals and stir until beads are completely melted. (Note: Measuring cup and contents are hot.)
- 2. If making two colors, divide mixture into two separate measuring cups. Add flavoring one drop at a time and stir until desired fragrance is achieved.
- 3. Add color powder in small amounts and stir until desired color is achieved.
- 4. Use pipette or dropper to transfer lip balm to tube or canister rims. (Note: If pipette gets clogged with dried balm, run two fingers down side of pipette while pushing excess balm out of opened end.) Let mixture settle for several minutes, then add another drop to prevent holes in center.
- 5. Let mixture set for 30 minutes before placing lids on. Decorate and adhere labels as desired.
- Lip Gloss
- 1. Use plastic tub lip balm comes in as mixing bowl. Add powder colorant in pinches until desired shade is reached. Mix after each addition. For more than one color, split contents of gloss in half and make in same way as lip balm.
- 2. Add flavoring several drops at a time, mixing after each addition, until desired effect is reached.
- 3. Decorate and adhere labels as desired.
- 1. For layered balm, pour mixture approximately 1/3 full and let harden. Pour second color another 1/3 and let harden. Using first color, fill canister or tube to the top.
- 2. For bulls-eye design, pour mixture in canister 1/3 full. Let mixture harden for several minutes, then place tube cap in center of canister, open side up. Fill remainder of canister and let harden. When lip balm is hard, remove lid from center and fill opening with second color. Let harden 20 minutes, then replace lid.