Decoupaged Garden Pails
size: 9" tall
- Galvanized pail
- Outdoor Spaces Satin Finish*: Mango; Sand
- Short Cuts Hobby/Craft Pen*: Brown; Kiwi
- Low Odor Clear Finish*
- Fairie Rose Cream Napkin (IHR Designs)
- Alphabet rubber stamps
- Magenta or brown ink pad
- Water-based glue
- Bristle brush
- Latex gloves
- Unbleached beeswax, 1 oz.
- Glue pan with heat regulator
- *Products by Krylon
- 1. Wipe pail with vinegar. Spray paint entire bucket Sand. From a distance, spray Mango by passing spray stream "below" bottom rim and "above" top rim, letting the over-spray create a softened effect.
- 2. Tear rose from napkin. Remove back layer. In bowl, thin glue with water to milky consistency. Découpage rose onto bucket as shown. (Note: To découpage, dip brush in glue, then brush onto pail where image will be placed. Press center of rose image in place. Brush on more glue, gently working from center outward in all directions. Smooth wrinkles and let dry.)
- 3. Stamp "Of Gardens Past" as shown. Spray very thin mist of Clear Finish over lettering.
- 4. For waxed indoor pail, heat wax to 198°. Do not allow wax to boil or smoke. Use disposable bristle brush to apply wax to pail in crosshatch motion.
- 5. Wearing latex gloves, crumple a paper towel in hand and spray with Antiquing Spray. Rub into pail crevices and randomly at seams. Wipe entire surface with clean paper towel. Apply Brown Paint pen around rims and handle if desired.