Beaded Notebook and Matching Pen
sizes: notebook, 3-3/4"x5-1/2"; pen, 5-1/4" long
- Black Cahiers notebook, 3-1/2”x5-1/2” (Moleskine)
- 24Kt Slimline pen kit (Penn State)
- Bo Chic Paisley patterned paper (American Traditional Designs)
- Very Tiny Metallic Marbles: Metallic Gold; Purple; Royal Blue (Halcraft)
- Paintbrushes: thin round; wide flat, 3/4”
- Wooden chopstick or skewer
- 12” paper trimmer
- Craft knife with #11 blade
- Liquid Laminate découpage medium (Beacon Adhesives)
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Curiously Sticky Double-Sided Tape (Halcraft)
- 1. Cut two 5"x6" pieces from patterned paper; adhere to front and back covers of notebook. Use craft knife to trim edges.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to paint motifs with découpage medium; sprinkle with micro beads and shake off excess. (Note: Découpage medium dries quickly, so only work on two or three motifs at a time.)
- 3. Apply two to three topcoats of découpage medium to front and back covers, letting dry in between.
- 1. Cut two 1"x2-1/2" pieces from patterned paper; apply double-sided tape to back and wrap around pen tubes, overlapping edges. Trim excess.
- 2. Slip pen tubes on dowel and suspend between two boxes or thick books. Follow steps 2 and 3 for Notebook, making sure not to apply beads too close to tube edges. Let dry; follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble pen.