Abstract Mosaic Plate
size: 8" diameter
- Jennifer’s Mosaics Variety Stained Glass Tiles*: Opalescent, Cathedral, Iridescent
- Glass plate, 8" diameter
- Jennifer’s Mosaics Wheeled Glass Nippers*
- Jennifer’s Mosaics Black Grout*
- E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive
- black permanent marker, ruler, safety glasses, latex gloves, sponge, paper towels, mixing cup, bowl, and spoon, smooth cloth
- 1. Separate blue, white, gray, and black tiles from tile mixes. Mix into three color groups: A - whites with light grays, B - light blues with dark blues, and C - blacks with dark blues. Set remaining tiles aside for later use. Wearing safety glasses, nip each square into random-sized rectangles using any of following three methods.
- 2. Draw line on center of plate using permanent marker. Position row of Group A tiles down center line, leaving small space between tiles for grout. Adhere tiles to plate. Position additional lines of tiles, from alternating color groups, on either side of center line. When satisfied with placement, adhere in place. Continue until entire plate is covered. Let dry overnight.
- 3. Add water, one teaspoon at a time, to 1/4 cup grout to achieve constistency of peanut butter. Smooth grout over tiles using gloved hand filling in crevices. Create beveled edge around plate rim by angling finger during application. Remove as much excess grout as possible with hand.
- 4. After 10 minutes, remove excess grout using damp sponge or paper towels. Let cure overnight.
- 5. When dry, buff plate with smooth cloth.
- 1. Use paper towels to wipe excess grout into trash receptacle. Never dispose of grout down drain.