Birds and Blooms Trinket Box
No treat needed inside this box; the outside is that gorgeous.
- Heartfelt Creations Birds and Blooms Paper Collection
- Core’dinations Foundations Hawaiian Orchid Canvas Texture Sheet
- 60 lb. white cardstock
- Plaid Sparkle Mod Podge
- Ranger: Diamond Stickles, Glossy Accents
- White silver-edged ribbon, 1/8”-wide
- Pearl strings: flat-backed, teardrop
- Heartfelt Creations Dies: Leafy Branch, Birds and Blooms, Arianna Lace
- Die-cutting machine and Spellbinders Scalloped Circles Dies
- Heartfelt Creations Birds and Blooms Cling Stamp Set
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Circle punches: 1/2”, 1”, 1-3/8”
- Viva Décor Pearl Pens: Lilac, Silver
- COPIC Markers: V15, V01, B21, B24, YG63, YG61
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
- scissors, ruler, paper trimmer, foam brush
- 1. Choose two print papers from Birds and Blooms paper pad for foundation of box and end pieces.
- 2. Cut 4" Hawaiian Orchid panel and two large scalloped circles. Cut two of next size scalloped circle from print papers. Layer and adhere Hawaiian Orchid and print circles together, creating two end pieces.
- 3. Cut 4"x10" piece of scene paper; adhere ends together forming tube, overlapping ends 1". Cut four 4"-long lengths of flat-backed pearl string; adhere vertically onto tube, approximately 2" apart. Run ample amount of glue around bottom of tube; center and adhere scalloped end piece. Let dry.
- 4. Stamp nine sets of blossoms for 54 total designs. Color 36 blossoms with V15 and V01 markers and remaining blossoms with B21 and B24 markers. Use darker shades in center and lighter shades on petals.
- 5. Assemble Hydrangea flowers using five-step tutorial found on Heartfelt Creations Blog (heartfeltcreations.us/blog/?blogID=349). (Note: Designer made three bases for flowers using 1" and 1/2" punched circles and one base using 1-3/8" and 1" punched circles.) Use Lilac or Silver pens to add details on each flower center.
- 6. Cut four sets of two leaves, two sets of five leaves, and three sets of three leaves using Leafy Branch die. Color leaves using YG63 and YG61 markers. Apply Sparkle Mod Podge on leaves using foam brush; let dry.
- 7. Cut one tag and one butterfly from paper pad. Coat butterfly and butterfly on tube with Glossy Accents; when dry, apply Stickles to wings. Cut three white flourishes from Arianna Lace die and coat with Mod Podge. Let dry.
- 8. Cut 11"x1-1/4" strip from print paper. Score at 1/4", fold over toward inside, and cut slits at 1/4" intervals up to score line. Bend around top of tube to fit, overlap ends, and adhere together. Add ample glue to cut edge, center on underside of last scalloped circle, and press down to secure.
- 9. Cut two 10-1/2" lengths of teardrop pearl string; adhere one length under lid edge and one length around base of trinket box. When dry, position lid on box.
- 10. Make large four-loop bow from ribbon. In addition, cut four 10"-long ribbon lengths. Adhere ribbon lengths in crisscross pattern across top of box. Adhere bow on top of ribbon lengths. Arrange and adhere flowers, flourishes, leaves, tag, and butterfly on top of box. Adhere small flower bud with two leaves on bottom of each pearl string.
- 1. For the bouquet on top, follow the hydrangea bouquet flower-shaping technique here: www.heartfeltcreations.us/blog/?blogID=349
- 2. How to shape the flowers (free video tutorial): www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFrj2XialLs