Cheery Lynn Designs
sizes: matchbox, 3"x1-1/2"x5/8"; mini album, varies
- Watercolor paper
- Copier paper
- The Robin’s Nest Dew Drops
- McGill Paper Shaping Tools
- Die-cutting machine
- Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: Tiny Flower Kit (B376); Mini Fanciful Flourish (B117S); French Flair LG Stackers Nesting Dies, Classic (XL-12) and Scalloped (XL-13); Alison’s Ribbons (B335); Miniature Rose (B152); Medium Rose (B154); Flourish Leaf Strip (B178); Matchbox Medium Set (B329)
- Derwent Watercolour Pencils
- Art Institute Art Glitter Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- scissors, pencil, paintbrush or waterbrush
- 1. Die cut matchbox from watercolor paper. Color panels as desired using watercolor pencils and paintbrush. Let dry completely.
- 2. Assemble and adhere following manufacturer's instructions. Let dry.
- Mini Album
- 1. Choose French Flair Scalloped Die that is slightly less than twice width of assembled matchbox. Use die to cut one watercolor paper panel; color panel as desired. Cut panel in half.
- 2. Using next smallest French Flair Classic Die, cut inner pages from copier paper. Fold each in half to fit inside album cover. Trim folded edges.
- 3. Adhere pages to each other along trimmed edges. Adhere covers to first and last pages to create book.
- 1. Die cut flowers from watercolor paper; color as desired. Shape petals with tools. Assemble flowers as necessary.
- 2. Die cut flourish, leaf strip, and ribbon from watercolor paper; color as desired.
- 3. Adhere ribbon sections to non-moving sides of matchbox as shown.
- 4. Adhere flowers, flourish, and leaf strip to matchbox. Adhere gems to flower centers.
- 5. Insert album inside matchbox.
- 1. Adapt this project to any season by simply changing the box colors and topper. For instance, use a rich, jewel-tone palette for fall topped with mums and leaves.