Heart-Shaped Trinket Box
Cheery Lynn Designs
- Patterned paper
- Assorted embellishments: cameo, pearls, strands of gems, etc.
- Artificial flower stamens
- Die-cutting machine
- Cheery Lynn Designs Dies: Heart-to-Heart Doily, Dancing Doily Lace Border, French Lattice Large, Build a Flower #2 and #3, Gardenia Strip, Tea Rose Medium
- Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks
- Imagination International COPIC Markers
- Adhesives: Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, glue gun with sticks
- paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Die cut two largest heart base dies from chipboard for box base and lid. Distress edges of chipboard hearts with inks.
- 2. Cut strip of cardstock 3" wide and large enough to fit around base of box. Score and fold strip 1/2" in from one long side. Notch strip along same long side from edge to fold.
- 3. Using smaller heart die as guide, adhere tabs of notched strip to box base, with tabs facing inward 1/2" from base edge, using tape. This will be the box wall. Decorate wall as desired using inks, die-cut latticework, patterned paper, etc.
- 4. Cut two medium hearts from cardstock. Adhere one heart inside box to cover tabs. Set other aside for inside of lid.
- 5. Decorate lid as desired using inks, die cuts, patterned paper, etc. Adhere medium heart cardstock die cut to inner lid for sentiment. Attach lid to box in hinge fashion with two thick cardstock strips.
- 6. Following manufacturer's instructions, die cut flowers, color with markers, and assemble using glue gun.
- 7. Adhere flowers, ribbons, and embellishments onto box.
- 1. Choose quality heavy cardstock to make a sturdy box.