Typewriter Story Monoprint
- Cardstock: light gray heavy, black layering
- White copy paper
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Stamps: Simple Sayings (CMS155), Vintage Things Blueprint (CMS152)
- The Crafter’s Workshop Diamonds Stencil
- Gelli Arts Gel Printing Plate
- Ink brayer
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Jet Black Staz-On Ink
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Paint: Coastal Waters, Eggplant, Silver
- Paper adhesive
- small bubble wrap, heat tool (optional), newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Create background on white paper using printing plate. Apply small amount of paint to plate; spread using brayer. Use single colors or combine for mottled effect.
- 2. Create design on plate using soft tools of choice (such as stamp, bubble wrap, or stencil) to remove paint from surface. (Note: Sharp tools may damage surface.)
- 3. Position white paper over plate. Gently smooth paper over plate surface; carefully pull off to reveal design.
- 4. Let paint dry or create additional layers by repeating Steps 1-2 and adding to same piece of paper.
- 5. When print is dry, stamp typewriter and sentiment using Jet Black ink. Heat-set if desired or let air dry.
- 6. Tear edges to desired size. Adhere print on black cardstock, then light gray cardstock as shown.