Pet Collar Photo Ornament
- Tooling leather, 1/2”x11”
- Pet photo
- Plaid fabric, 2” square
- Black ribbon, 1/8”, 12” length
- Silver wire, 16-gauge, 6” length
- Fishing line, 12” length
- Paper Plus Tea Dye Varnish
- Easy-To-Do Alphabet Stamp Set
- Tag Maker
- Tag Maker Medium-sized Circle Rim
- Shader paintbrush, #12
- Oval form (such as bottle of dish soap) and string
- Craft stick
- Fabric glue
- Tools: hammer; awl; wire cutters; pliers
- Iron and pressing board
- 1. Soak leather in warm water for three minutes. Wrap around form and secure with string; let dry overnight.
- 2. Remove leather from form and lay out on work surface. Follow manufacturer's directions to stamp pet's name on left end. Immediately form leather back into collar shape.
- 3. Apply varnish to outer collar; let dry.
- 4. Fold opposite sides of fabric square to center; press. Wrap fabric over collar where leather ends meet; glue.
- 5. Use Tag Maker™ template to cut out photo. Follow manufacturer's instructions to form tag. Use awl to poke hole in top of tag.
- 6. Insert wire ring through tag. Hang tag from collar; use pliers to close ring. Tie ribbon bow to ring; trim ends.
- 7. For hanger, tie fishing line to opposite sides of collar.