Pattern - Painted Morning Glories Tote
- 1. Print out pattern. Transfer pattern to front of bag. Place cardboard inside bag to prevent paint from bleeding through fabric.
- 2. Mix paints with textile medium following manufacturer's instructions. (Note: Mix only amount of paint needed as mixture cannot be used for later use.)
- 3. Using pattern as guide, paint leaves along stem lines. Use darkest green first; highlight center with medium green. Drybrush center area with lightest green. Add dark green veins and tendrils. Let dry.
- 4. Paint flowers following placement on pattern. Paint flower shape dark purple; shade center area white. Use tip of brush to pull white paint outward in fan shape. Let dry.
- 5. Heat-set paint with iron and pressing cloth placed over painted areas. Iron for 30 seconds without steam.
- 6. Hand-sew seed beads to flower centers using beading needle and matching thread. Attach ladybug button using photo as guide. Knot ends.
- 1. Life happens, but interruptions when you're painting can mean a gunked-up paintbrush. Try soaking your brush in hot vinegar for 30 minutes to help remove paint and soften bristles.