Candelabra Screen Print
- Watercolor paper
- Matted picture frames, two
- Digital image files: damask background, candelabra silhouette
- EZScreenPrint Starter Kit
- Speedball Fabric Ink: Red, White, Black
- Plastic canvas
- Computer with printer
- plastic container to mix ink, wooden stick, paper towels, sponge or soft paintbrush, protective table cover
- 1. Follow manufacturer's instructions to create screens using digital image files.
- 2. Create pink ink by mixing small amount of Red ink with White ink, adding more Red if needed to achieve desired shade. See Photo 1.
- 3. Center screen on paper. Load ink onto squeegee edge with stick. See Photo 2. Apply ink to screen at an angle. See Photo 3. (Note: A plastic frame can be attached to screen with tape for greater ease.)
- 4. Lift each corner to check ink print. Avoid lifting screen completely off paper. If ink voids exist, lay screen back down and apply more ink. When complete, carefully lift screen off paper, holding paper against work surface with other hand. See Photo 4.
- 5. Immediately wash ink off screen to prevent clogging mesh. Gently clean with dish soap and water, applying friction with sponge, wet paper towel, or soft paintbrush. See Photo 5. Blot screen with paper towels; position on plastic canvas to dry. Screen can be used again when completely dry.
- 6. When background prints have dried, align silhouette stencil over previously printed paper. Repeat Steps 3-5 using Black ink.
- 7. When all inks have completely dried, trim print as necessary and mount in matted frame.
- 8. Repeat process to create matching print and display as set.