Winged Beings Mixed Media Canvas
Watercolor crayons, pencils, and soft pastel chalks create layers of color on canvas. Use garden-inspired stamps and die cuts to create a dimensional display for yourself or your gardening friend.
- Canvas board, 8”x8”
- Tissue paper
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paperie Symphony Tissue Tape
- Stampendous Black Crushed Glass Glitter
- Stamps: Impression Obsession In a Garden (CL322) and Chicken Wire (CC155); My Favorite Things MPD Winged Beauties; Stampendous Jumbo Spring Bouquet (CRS5045)
- Die-cutting machine
- My Favorite Things Die-Namics MPD Winged Beauties Die
- Inks: Ranger Archival Jet Black, Imagine Crafts Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark
- STAEDTLER Karat: Aquarell Watercolour Pencils, Soft Pastel Chalks, Watercolor Crayons; Ergosoft Colored Pencils
- White acrylic paint
- Stampendous Detail Black Embossing Powder
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Decoupage
- Adhesives: adhesive dots, glue pen
- craft mat, spray bottle, scissors, foam brush, heat tool, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Size is 8"x8".
- Winged Beings Canvas
- 1. On covered work surface, paint canvas with gesso; let dry.
- 2. Using sides of crayons, smear canvas with yellow, then orange, watercolor crayons. See Photo 1. Smear watercolor with water or leftover white paint to create blended background using foam brush.
- 3. Lay Chicken Wire stamp, right side facing up, on craft mat. Mist with water. Smear pastel chalks over surface. Stamp randomly over canvas. See Photo 2.
- 4. Stamp flowers and butterflies on tissue paper using Jet Black ink. Heat emboss using Detail Black embossing powder.
- 5. Color stamped flowers and butterflies with watercolor pencils and colored pencils.
- 6. Die cut butterflies from tissue paper. Smear white acrylic paint over butterflies; let dry. Detail cut flowers from tissue paper. Adhere flowers to canvas using découpage medium.
- 7. Tear pieces of Symphony tissue tape; adhere to canvas.
- 8. Stamp sentiment onto tissue paper using Jet Black ink. Heat emboss using Detail Black embossing powder. Detail cut sentiment and adhere to canvas using découpage medium.
- 9. Adhere black glitter to center of butterflies using glue pen. Adhere butterflies to canvas using adhesive dots.