Tiny Winter Wonderland
size: 6" tall
- Glass cloche, 6” tall
- Teacup saucer, approx. 6” diameter
- Gold foil pipe cleaners, 12”, two
- Peat moss, 5” circle
- Crushed velvet flock (Doodlebug Designs): Lily White
- STYROFOAM* disc (Dow), 1” thick, 3”
- Red satin ribbon, 1/8”, 3” length
- Snowy blue organdy ribbon, 1/2”, 18” length
- Mini jingle bells, eight
- Red metallic bead, 1/4”
- Miniature reindeer, 2” tall
- White wire-stem bottle brush
- Red thread
- Spray adhesive
- Metal cutting snips
- Sewing needle
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1. To create the base for the winterscape, cut a 5" diameter circle of peat moss and use spray adhesive to glue it onto the STYROFOAM brand foam disc. Trim the edges of the peat moss with scissors. Hot glue the disc onto the center of the teacup saucer.
- 2. Don your goggles and cut the wire handle of the bottle brush with the metal cutting snips, leaving a 1" trunk. Make the bottle brush into a tree by trimming the bristles into a tree shape with scissors. Press the wire "trunk" into the peat-moss-covered disc so the tree is standing towards the back of the scene.
- 3. Dust the surface of the peat moss and the tree with the spray adhesive and sprinkle with white flock to create a snowy look. Hot glue the red metallic bead to the top of the tree.
- 4. Sew seven jingle bells onto the red ribbon. Hang the jingle bell necklace around the deer's neck and crisscross the ends. Sew the last jingle bell over the crisscrossed ends to hold the necklace together. Hot glue the reindeer onto the peat moss in front of the tree.
- 5. Place the cloche over the winterscape and hot glue the bottom edge to the saucer. Hot glue the gold foil pipe cleaners around the base of the cloche and trim the ends. Tie the snowy blue organdy into a bow around the knob at the top of the bell jar.
- Saved By The Bell
- 1. Bell jars or cloches are used to protect tiny plants from cold weather. Look for them at garden centers or Google the words "glass coche." We found a perfect bell jar edges in copper for only $7.99 from Katie Browns Outdoor Product Line, shopkatiebrown.com.