Sunny Day Birdhouse
Sunny Day Birdhouse
- Wooden birdhouse
- Neenah Cardstock: Solar White, Pale Yellow
- Heartfelt Creations Sunny Day Paper Collection
- Pale yellow adhesive pearls
- Trims: cream lace; pale yellow grosgrain ribbon, 1/8”-wide
- Small faux bird eggs, three
- Natural excelsior
- Decorative metal spacer bead cap
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Heartfelt Creations Dies: Garden Romance, Decorative Blossom Corner, Cross & Lilies
- Heartfelt Creations Stamp Sets: Antique Essentials, Busy Bee, Botanical Oval, Feathered Friends, Mailbox Surprise, Pristine Lilies
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Ink Pads: VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMagic Wheat
- McGill Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and Molding Mat
- Light buttermilk acrylic paint
- Ranger Liquid Pearls Buttercup Dimensional Paint
- Sanford Prismacolor Colored Pencils: Muted Turquoise, Cobalt Turquoise, Cream, Sand, Jasmine, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Kelp Green, Cool Grey 10% & 90%
- Odorless mineral spirits and paper blending stumps
- Adhesives: Plaid Mod Podge, Aleene’s Paper Glaze, foam dots, glue gun and sticks
- sandpaper, foam brush, paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, stamp cleaner, paper towels, sponge dauber, wax paper
- 1. Sand birdhouse. Paint with two coats of buttermilk paint; let dry.
- 2. Measure birdhouse roof and sides; cut designer papers to fit and sponge all edges Wheat. For back piece, be sure to include flower design as shown. Carefully cut around opening and perch on front piece.
- 3. Using Mod Podge and foam brush, adhere paper pieces to roof; let dry.
- 4. On Solar White cardstock, stamp black mailbox, bird with flowers, flowers, milk can, bucket and water pump. Using photos as guides, color images with pencils; blend colors using paper blending stump dipped into odorless mineral spirits. (Note: This will break down pigment and allow colors to blend, creating watercolor-like effect.)
- 5. Die cut flowers and mailbox; detail cut remaining images. Die cut one smaller corner, one round door gate, and six rounded fences from Pale Yellow cardstock. Set shapes aside.
- 6. For front of birdhouse, stamp wreath flower image onto paper around opening; color with pencils and blend as before. Adhere paper to birdhouse using Mod Podge; let dry. Adhere rounded door gate and one rounded fence to house front as shown. Adhere lace trim to room edges. Use foam dots to adhere flowers, mailbox, and bird images.
- 7. For right side, stamp milk can and bee images on designer paper piece, color with pencils, and adhere to birdhouse. Detail cut milk can and adhere with foam dots.
- 8. For back, stamp beehive image on designer paper piece next to flowers, color with pencils, and adhere to birdhouse.
- 9. For left side, stamp water pump image and small flower image on designer paper piece. Color with pencils and adhere to birdhouse. Add water pump and bucket image with foam dots as shown. Detail cut small butterfly from designer papers, shape with mat and tool kit, and add coat of Paper Glaze; let dry. Adhere butterfly to upper left corner.
- 10. Adhere remaining fence die cuts around birdhouse and corner piece to back roof edge. Adhere yellow ribbon to roof edge and around base of birdhouse with glue gun. Adhere bead cap and pearl to back roof peak.
- 11. Highlight flower centers with Liquid Pearls dots; let dry.
- 12. Adhere excelsior and eggs into front yard.
- 1. To help very intricate shapes release from dies, die cut through wax paper and cardstock at same time.