Rusty Gate Arrangement
Craft Marketing Connections
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun project featuring Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Blocks, 2"x4"x12", two
- Avatrex Craft Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2"x11"
- Rusty oval metal container, 12”x4-1/4”x5-1/4”
- Rusty metal gate, 11”x15”
- Fall floral garland, 40” length
- Red print fabric, 18”x22”
- Green floral wire, 22-gauge, 18” length
- FloraCraft Design It: Foam Cutter, Wire Cutter
- Elmer’s X-ACTO 12" Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Adhesives: Elmer's Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive, glue gun and sticks
- copy paper, old newspapers and cardboard box (for spraying)
- 1. Position one block on top of other and fit into metal container, trimming corners with foam cutter as needed. If anything is loose, hot glue to secure.
- 2. On computer, type "How beautifully leaves age" in script-type font in horizontal format. (Note: Print on copy paper first to check size and how it fits on container.)
- 3. Read Avatrex Craft Attitude package instructions. Use computer and inkjet printer to print mirror image phrase on Attitude sheet. Use paper trimmer to trim phrase to 2-1/2"x11" (or size that works for your container).
- 4. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area (or inside cardboard box), spray glossy, printed side of Attitude phrase with spray adhesive. Flip over Attitude sheet, centering and pressing onto front of container. Remove backing and smooth Attitude sheet.
- 5. Position gate onto foam in container, about 2" from back edge (leaving more space in front area). Push prongs on bottom of gate down into foam to secure. (Note: If gate does not have prongs, use foam cutter to cut channel in foam and hot glue fence bottom.)
- 6. Set left end of garland against bottom left of gate, leaving 8" extending beyond edge of gate. Bring rest of garland across bottom of gate, up right side, over top and ending on top left. Use wire cutters to cut 3" lengths of wire to secure garland to gate. (Note: Wrap wire around gate pole and garland and twist wire ends together to tighten.) Trim wire ends. Fluff and arrange leaves; hot glue to secure.
- 7. To conceal foam, loosely set fabric over foam on front and around to back, tucking ends into sides and draping as desired. Spot glue if desired.
- 1. Visit your local flea market or secondhand store to find wire gate and oval container.