Vintage Circle Christmas Ornaments
size: 2-3/4" diameter
- Recycled metal juice can lids, 2-3/4”, three
- 18kt Gold Premium Metallics Spray Paint (Krylon)
- Fabric scraps: lace; wool felt; burlap
- Assorted ribbons
- Assorted buttons
- Beads: red glass, three (Blue Moon Beads); small round pearl, nine
- Copper wire, 20-gauge
- Heartwarming Vintage Collection Seasonal Booklet vintage images, three (Crafty Secrets)
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Circle template or compass
- Sewing machine and gold thread
- Pinking shears
- Round-nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Hammer and small nail
- Scrap wood block
- 1. Wash and dry can lids. Place each lid on scrap wood block and use hammer and nail to punch three holes close to lid edge, one at center bottom for bead drop and two 1-1/2" apart at center top for hanger. Spray paint both sides of lids 18kt. Gold; let dry. Follow remaining directions for each ornament.
- 2. Trace 2" circle onto wrong side of desired fabric scrap; cut out using pinking shears. Cut 1-1/2" circle from one vintage image; glue to center of fabric circle. Use sewing machine to zigzag stitch around image circle. Gently pull fabric circle edges to give uneven look; glue circle to lid center.
- 3. For bead drop, cut 2" wire length. Bend one end into tiny loop using pliers. Place one pearl bead, one red bead, and another pearl bead onto wire. Slightly bend straight wire end and insert into hole at bottom of lid. Bend wire end down to touch top bead.
- 4. To make hanging loop at left side, cut 1-1/2" wire length. Bend one end into tiny loop. Place one pearl bead onto wire. Slightly bend straight wire end and insert into hole at top left. Bend wire end until it touches pearl bead.
- 5. For hanger, cut 8" wire length. Slightly bend one end of wire and insert into hole at top right. Bend wire over lid edge to secure. Insert remaining wire end through hanging loop at left. Bend wire end into tiny loop to secure.
- 6. Sew button to ribbon or lace scrap and glue to top right side of lid.