Quilled Mini Brag Books from Mom
- Wooden sign rectangles, six (Lara’s Crafts)
- Paper quilling strips, 1/8”-wide: turquoise; white; pink; red; orange
- White cardstock
- Gypsy patterned papers: lime green; red; turquoise; pink; stripe; leaf (Basic Grey)
- Gypsy Fibers (Basic Grey)
- Round paper fasteners: lime green; silver mini, 12
- White eyelets, 3/16”, six
- Silver loose leaf rings (available in office supply stores), 3/4”, three
- Quilling tool
- Plastic circle template
- Circle punches: 1/6”; 1/8”; 3/16”
- Corner rounder punch
- Electric drill with 3/16” bit
- Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives)
- Heart Book
- 1. For front and back covers, stack two wooden rectangles together; drill hole through both rectangles in center of left side, 1/2" from edge. Sand rectangles.
- 2. Cut two rectangles from stripe paper to same size as wooden rectangles. Punch 3/16" hole in paper rectangles in same place as wooden rectangles.
- 3. Cut 1-1/2"x2-1/4" white cardstock rectangle and 1-1/4"x2" turquoise paper rectangle. Round corners of rectangles and glue centered on top of each other on right side of one stripe rectangle. Punch 1/16" holes in turquoise rectangle corners; attach silver paper fasteners.
- 4. Glue stripe rectangles to wooden rectangles. Sand edges of paper rectangles even with wooden rectangles if needed. Glue white eyelets to 3/16 holes in rectangles.
- 5. Cut 18" red and pink quilling strip lengths, roll into 3/4" circle, crease to form teardrops, and glue together on turquoise rectangle to make heart.
- 6. For inside pages, cut as many 1-3/4"x2-3/4" white cardstock rectangles as desired; round corners. Punch 1/8" holes in left side of pages in same place as book covers.
- 7. Stack pages between covers; attach loose leaf ring through holes. Tie coordinating fibers around ring.
- Flower Book
- 1. Assemble book in same way as Heart Book, using leaf paper rectangles for front and back covers and pink paper for small rectangle. For flower, punch 1/8" hole in center of pink paper rectangle before gluing to wood. Attach lime green paper fastener to hole. For petals, cut eight 6" orange quilling strip lengths, roll into 3/8" circles, crease to form teardrops, and glue around lime green paper fastener.
- Butterfly Book
- 1. Assemble book in same way as Heart Book, using lime green paper rectangles for front and back covers and red paper for small rectangle. For butterfly body, cut 9" white quilling strip length, roll into 1/2" circle, flatten shape, and glue vertically to rectangle center. For wings, cut four 12" turquoise quilling strip lengths, roll into 1/2" circles, crease to form teardrops, and glue symmetrically to both sides of body. For antennae, cut 2" white quilling strip length, fold in half, curl both ends with quilling tool, and glue to top of body.