Poker Night Set
sizes: invitation, 4-1/4"x5-3/4"; card box, 1/2"x2-1/2"x3-1/2"; poker chips, 1-1/2"; coasters, 3-1/2"
- Deck of playing cards in box
- White poker chips
- Cardstock: black scrap; white
- Tickled Pink Collection: Dream; Wonder; Believe (3 Bugs in a Rug)
- Jelly Label: “You’re Invited” (Making Memories)
- Rub-ons: Friends Black Scrappy Rubs, “Girls Night Out” (Lasting Impressions); Lettres, Librarie, 5th Avenue (7gypsies)
- Black twill (Wrights)
- Circle Cutter (Fiskars)
- Marvy circle punch, 3/4” (Uchida)
- Foam brush
- Aleene’s adhesives: Instant Matte Découpage Glue, Sealer & Finish; Memory Glue (Duncan)
Pattern - How To Play
- 1. If coasters have curled, once dry, apply a weight to flatten them out - a dictionary works great!
- 2. Instead of rub-ons, experiment with different computer fonts, print them out and adhere words individually to card.
- 3. Use foam brush to apply découpage finish in thin, even coats.
- 1. Cut 5-3/4"x9-1/2" piece from white cardstock; score and fold in half.
- 2. Cut 3"x5-3/4" piece from dots paper; adhere to top (fold) of card front. Cut 5-3/4"-long flower strip from Believe paper; adhere across center of card, covering bottom edge of dots paper.
- 3. Use circle cutter to cut flower from Dream paper; mat on black cardstock leaving 1/8" border. Adhere to flower strip. Adhere "you're invited" Jelly Label as shown.
- 4. Apply rub-ons across card bottom to spell "Girls Night Out POKER".
- Card Box
- 1. Carefully take apart playing cards box; trace on back of dots paper. Cut out; score and fold in same places as box. Adhere paper to outside of box; reassemble and adhere.
- 2. Cut 7"-long flower strip from Believe paper; wrap around middle of box and adhere, overlapping ends in back or side.
- 3. Wrap twill around box, covering top edge of flower strip; tie bow in front and trim ends at angle.
- Poker Chips
- 1. Punch flowers from Wonder paper; adhere to centers of poker chips.
- 1. Use circle cutter to cut 3-1/2" circle from chipboard and Dream paper. Follow découpage finish manufacturer's instructions to adhere paper circle to chipboard circle; let dry.
- 2. Cut 2-1/8" circle from black cardstock; adhere to center of coaster. Cut circle around flower from bottom of Dream paper; adhere to center of black circle.
- 3. Apply final coat(s) of découpage finish, covering entire coaster; let dry.
- 4. Repeat for additional coasters.