Grandparents’ Ticket Holder
Craft Marketing Connections
- 7gypsies Wooden Ticket Holder (12623), 2-1/4"x11-1/4"
- Hampton Art Jillibean Soup Neopolitan Bean Bisque Collection: Bite Size Bits, Here's the Word, Pea Pod Parts
- Assorted print ribbon, 3/8”-wide
- Twine: natural jute, brown baker’s
- Clips: large paper, small bulldog
- Upholstery tacks
- Photos of grandkids
- Hampton Art Kelly Panacci Clear Stamps: Blossom Sentiments, Butterflies, Flower
- Hampton Art Ink Pads: Black, Brown
- Clear acrylic stamp block
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 9" Paper Trimmer, 8" Stainless Steel Scissors
- Elmer's CraftBond Adhesives: Dot Runner, Permanent Quick Dry Dual Tip Glue Pen
- stapler, wire cutters, sandpaper, black marker, 1/4" hole punch, pencil, paper sack
- 1. Lightly sand ticket holder to distress wood and dull finish. Use black stamp pad to stamp butterflies and flowers along front sides and base of ticket holder, leaving space for blue paper butterfly along bottom.
- 2. Punch out paper pieces. Use paper trimmer to cut lined paper piece to 2"x3-3/4". (Note: Spacing is designed for two grandchildren. If more children are to be featured, rearrange, reducing sizes of paper pieces as needed to make room.) Distress edges of paper pieces with brown and black ink pads as desired. Stamp black ink flowers along bottom of shaped paper piece and butterfly at bottom of lined piece. Stamp butterflies on circle pieces, leaving room for child to print name. Let dry.
- 3. Set paper pieces in ticket holder metal snaps. Trim photos to fit on paper pieces. Use dot runner to attach at angles. Have one grandkid use pencil to write message on "Here's the Word" piece; trace over message with black marker. Have each grandkid write his/her name on circle. Use dot runner to attach circles.
- 4. Wrap twine around one piece. Attach ribbon lengths using dot runner or tie to paper clip. Make loops from jute; staple to paper pieces. Punch hole at top center of "Here's the Word" message; tie jute and ribbon through hole and knot ends. Attach bulldog clips.
- 5. Use wire cutters to cut off point on upholstery tacks. Use quick-dry glue to adhere tacks to top and bottom of paper pieces. Adhere blue butterfly on front of holder with wings bent upward.
- 1. Add a pair of event tickets to a ballgame, the zoo, or museum for a great bonus gift idea.