"Creative Juice" Confetti-filled Eggs
DIY Network’s Creative Juice
- Bright-colored flavored drink mixes, 2 pkgs.
- Raw eggs
- Bamboo skewer
- Paper square or party horn
- Ribbon scraps
- Dimensional paints in colors of choice
- Wire cooking rack
- Large needle
- Hot glue
- Plastic cups, two
- 1. To create dye bath, add powdered drink mix to plastic cups. Add one cup water to each cup. Add eggs for two to three minutes, or until desired color is reached.
- 2. Use large needle to make hole in one end of egg. Gently pierce egg until opening is size of penny. Insert skewer into egg and stir. Rinse out egg and invert onto rack for drying.
- 3. Roll scrap paper into funnel shape. Insert small funnel end into egg and fill with confetti. Use tape to seal egg hole.
- 4. Use party horn or roll and tape square paper into cone. Hot glue egg (tape side in) to inside horn or cone.
- 5. Decorate eggs and cone with paints, glitter, and ribbons as desired.
- 6. Crack egg on top of an unsuspecting friend.