Summer Fun Shadow Box
Summer Fun Shadow Box
- 7gypsies Black Solo Wooden Shadowbox Tray
- White cardstock
- 7gypsies Mini Glass Apothecary Bottles
- Found or purchased seashore embellishments: fishnet, shells, starfish
- Metal seahorse charm
- Photo, 4"x6"
- Computer and printer
- Distressing tool
- Stamps: Impression Obsession Solitary Ruff; Stampendous! Steamboat Map, Railroad Poster; grass or cattail image
- Ink pads: Tsukineko VersaMark; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Stormy Sky; Ranger Archival Coffee, Jet Black
- Stampendous! Stamp N Stuff Blushing Pink Pastel Embossing Powder
- Stampendous! Embossing Enamels: Aged Taupe, Shabby Pink, Aged Gold
- Stampendous! Fran-tage Taupe Color Fragments
- Ranger Adirondack Snow Cap White Acrylic Paint Dabber
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC (R05) Marker
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, liquid glue, foam dots, clear dots
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, sponge daubers, tweezers, heat tool
- 1. Paint box Snow Cap White using acrylic dabber; let dry.
- 2. Working on one section at a time, randomly rub watermark ink pad over box edges. Heat emboss with taupe enamel. Repeat using pink and gold enamels.
- 3. Cut three 1-7/8" cardstock squares; sponge with Stormy Sky ink. Stamp Jet Black map image onto each square; distress edges.
- 4. Stamp Coffee grass image twice onto each square, re-inking between impressions. Adhere squares inside box openings. Adhere photo inside large opening.
- 5. Stamp Coffee bird image onto white cardstock scrap; sponge with Stormy Sky ink. Detail cut bird and adhere to center square using foam dots.
- 6. Cut 4" cardstock square; tear into two strips to create "sandy beach" shown at base of photo. Cover each strip with watermark ink; heat emboss with taupe enamel. Lightly sprinkle strips with pink enamel. Holding strips with tweezers, heat emboss from underneath. Adhere strips to base of photo.
- 7. Print desired text onto cardstock and cut into mini banners. Sponge edges Stormy Sky; adhere to photo.
- 8. Cut small piece of netting; apply watermark ink and sprinkle with gold enamel. Carefully heat emboss net and adhere to corner of photo.
- 9. To change color or finish of charm, shells, or starfish, apply watermark ink and heat emboss with desired enamels or embossing powder, or color with alcohol marker.
- 10. Stamp Jet Black poster image onto white cardstock. Cut small piece and roll into scroll; insert into bottle. Ink bottom of each bottle with watermark ink; heat emboss with gold enamel. Tie string around neck of each bottle. Fill second bottle with sand or embossing enamel.
- 11. Apply glue to "shelves" and sprinkle with Color Fragments; let dry.
- 12. Adhere charm, shells, starfish, and bottles into box; let dry.
- 1. Use Sue's embossing technique to create "sandy" effects on scrapbook pages and cards, too. Simply adjust your paper measurements and follow directions in Step 6.