Summer Friends Water Bottles
Here's a quick and fun way for your kids to personalize their water bottles this summer.
- Plastic water bottle
- Craft foam, two colors
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Calypso Blue, Lavender, or Bright Green
- DecoArt Americana Glamour Dust
- Black metallic cord, 10” and 32” lengths
- Wiggle eyes
- Plaid Foam Stamps: Octopus, Fish, or Shark
- Alphabet rubber stamps and blue ink pad
- Beacon Adhesives Kid’s Choice Glue!
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punch, 1/4”
- sponge scrap or paintbrush, scissors, ruler
- 1. Measure and cut craft foam rectangle to fit around water bottle. Trim with decorative-edge scissors.
- 2. For lacing, punch holes about 1/4" apart along short sides of rectangle (height of water bottle).
- 3. Use sponge scrap or paintbrush to dab octopus, fish, or shark stamp with Calypso Blue, Lavender, or Bright Green. Stamp animal on left side of rectangle.
- 4. While paint is still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Shake off excess.
- 5. Glue wiggle eyes to animal.
- 6. Wrap foam rectangle around bottle. Cut and thread 32" cord length through bottom holes. Continue to criss-cross cord through holes (like tying a shoe). Tie bow at top.
- 7. For personalized tag, use alphabet stamps and ink pad to stamp name on craft foam. Cut out name. Punch hole in corner of tag.
- 8. To attach, cut 10" cord length. Loop cord through tag hole and tie around bottle; knot ends.