- Black composition notebook
- Terri Conrad Designs patterned papers (Webster's Pages): Inspired Collection: Peacefulness; Bee Balm; Feather Your Nest
- Raw linen fabric (for binding)
- Bird Die Cut (Accu-Cut)
- Rusty tin heart
- Brown wired ribbon, 2"-wide
- Encore ink pad (Tsukineko): Gold metallic
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger Industries): Vintage Photo
- Acrylic brayer
- Mod Podge découpage medium (Plaid)
- 1. Trace front and back of composition book onto wrong side of patterned paper; cut out.
- 2. Apply generous amount of Mod Podge to front cover, apply paper and roll brayer over paper. Repeat for back cover.
- 3. Trim linen to cover binding. Apply Mod Podge to binding, adhere linen binding folding each edge over 1/8". Apply more Mod Podge to folded edge and apply to book binding.
- 4. Ink edges of inside papers with Gold and binding with Vintage Photo.
- 5. Adhere ribbon, bird, heart and twigs to journal as shown.