Lattice Work Planter
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
size: 10" cube
Lattice Work Planter
- Elmer's White Foam Board, one each: 20"x30"x1/2", 20"x30"x3/16"
- FabScraps: High Tea Collection scrapbook paper, eight 12"x12" Purple Floral; 16 10mm purple pearl halves beads; 2" metal butterfly
- Quick Quotes Powder Puffs ink: Midnight Confession
- X-ACTO Products: #11 craft knife with extra blades, 12" metal ruler, 12"x12" self healing cutting mat, 12" rotary paper trimmer, 5" precision tip scissors
- Elmer's CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick
- Glue gun and sticks
- 1. (Note: Box is made from 1/2"-thick foam board and lattice is made from 3/16"-thick foam board.) For box, measure and cut out one 9" square, two 10" squares, and two 9"x10" rectangles from foam board. Use craft knife and cutting knife to cut out pieces.
- 2. To assemble box, place 9" square (bottom) on work surface. Use glue gun to glue foam edge and quickly press 9" side of 9"x10" rectangle against glued edge. Attach other 9"x10" rectangle to opposite side of bottom. Hot glue each 10" square to remaining sides of bottom and to corner edges.
- 3. To cover box, apply glue stick to one entire side. Align top and left edge of paper to box side and press. Wrap excess paper to adjoining side and glue in place. Use scissors to clip fold at bottom. Wrap and glue excess paper to bottom. Cover remaining sides of box. Rub corners of box with Midnight Confession ink for aged look.
- 4. For lattice, measure and cut three 9"x12" rectangles of 3/16"-thick foam board. Apply glue stick to entire surface of one piece and attach paper with floral-side-up. Trim excess. Cut 12 1"x9" strips. Cover remaining two foam board pieces and cut into strips (for total of 32 1"x9" strips).
- 5. Use glue stick to attach four horizontal strips, evenly spaced, on box side. Attach four vertical strips, evenly spaced, creating lattice. Repeat for remaining three box sides.
- 6. Attach pearls to each corner of lattice on box sides. Attach butterfly as desired.