This idea was originally published in our 2016 Winter issue. Subscribe today and save off newsstand prices! You’ll get ALL the projects delivered to you in six jam-packed issues per year.
1. Trace hoop onto cardboard or mat board with pencil and cut out. Set aside.
2. Layer 6” square of fabric on top of 6” square of felt and insert into hoop. Cut away excess material as close to hoop on backside.
3. Visit www.CraftIdeas.com to print full size patterns; click on Magazine, then Patterns. Cut out pattern and set aside.
4. Fold 6”x44” fabric in half with right sides together. Lay Crinoline over wrong side of fabric. Pin pattern to fabric layers and cut out. Repeat four more times for a total of five petals.
5. Sew outer edges of petals together leaving bottom of petal open to turn right side out. Turn all petals right side out and iron.
6. Adhere petals onto backside of hoop using Beacon Fabri-Tac.
7. Take cardboard piece from Step 1 and adhere to flower back using Fabri-Tac. Press down to secure; this will give you a nice, finished back.
8. To hang, stitch hanger onto one of the petals or adhere Velcro Command Strips to back of hoop.