- Fabric: matte satin, 1/3 yd.; lining, 1/3 yd.
- Stitch ‘n Sew Sew-In High Loft Fleece Interfacing, 1/3 yd.
- Flower Clip
- Rhinestone button
- Rhinestone ribbon slide or buckle, 1/2”
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
- Hand sewing needle
- Loop turner
- Spray n Bond Basting Adhesive
- TrueCut Ruler, 6-1/2”x24-1/2”
- scissors, iron and pressing surface, fabric marker, straight pins
- 1. Cut 12-1/2"x9-1/2" panel from satin and lining for bag body, two 8-3/4"x5" panels from satin for flap and 9-1/2"x2-1/2" from satin for strap. Mark and cut curved edges on two corners of flap pieces.
- 2. Mark diamond lines on 12-1/2"x9-1/2" satin piece and one 8-3/4"x5" flap piece by using 30 degree angle makings on ruler and fabric marker.
- 3. Apply fleece interfacing to back side of marked pieces using basting adhesive. Follow marked lines to sew satin to fleece interfacing.
- 4. Line up edges of quilted flap and second flap piece with right sides together and pin. Machine-sew along three sides of pinned layers, leaving top of flap open to turn. Trim excess fabric around edges and turn right side out. Press. Baste open edge of flap closed.
- 5. Center finished flap piece on short side of quilted body piece and pin. Machine-sew in place with 5/8" seam allowance. Prepare strap by folding fabric in half lengthwise and machine-sew together leaving ends open. Turn strap right side out and press. Slide buckle onto strap. Place strap on bag body as shown in photo. Baste sides in place.
- 6. Refer to photo to cut 1"x1-1/2" opening 5-1/2" from ends of bag body length. Fold bag body in half with right sides together. Pin sides together and machine-sew. Create bottom corners of bag by centering side seams with bottom center of bag. Lay opening flat, pin and sew. Repeat process with lining.
- 7. Turn body piece right side out. Place body inside lining piece, line up side seam and pin in place. Machine-sew around edges of body opening leaving 2-1/2" open to turn right side out. Turn out through opening. Press and hand-sew opening closed.
- 8. Hand-sew rhinestone button onto flower clip and clip to strap.