Stamped Squares Window Valance
size: 14-1/2" x 52-1/2" (fits standard 36" window)
- Lt. blue cotton fabric, 1-5/8 yds.
- White satin ribbon, 7/8”, 6 yds.
- Simply Stamps: double squares, three (Plaid)
- Foam applicators for stamping, three
- Americana Acrylic Paints: Dark Chocolate; Mink Tan; Snow White (DecoArt)
- Fabric Painting Medium (DecoArt)
- Paper plates, three
- Iron and pressing board
- Sewing machine and lt. blue thread
- 1. Cut two 15"x53" fabric rectangles.
- 2. Pour puddle of each color paint onto paper plates. Follow manufacturer's instructions to mix paint with Fabric Painting Medium. Use applicator to dab paint, one color at a time, onto stamps. Stamp squares evenly spaced onto one fabric rectangle. (Note: To prevent smudging, press stamp down firmly and them lift stamp straight up.) Let dry. Heat set paint with iron.
- 3. Cut five 40" ribbon lengths; fold each in half with satin side facing out. Baste folded edges of ribbon evenly spaced across top front of stamped fabric rectangle.
- 4. With right sides of fabric facing and using 1/4" seam allowance, sew fabric rectangles together, leaving 6" opening for turning. Trim corners at angle; turn right side out. Turn in seam allowance and hand sew opening closed. Press assembled valance.
- 5. To hang valance, tie ribbon bows around rod or nails that have been evenly placed across window trim.