Pattern - Shadow Quilted Baby Lion & Baby Giraffe Pillows
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut felt as directed. For giraffe, adhere dots on body and trim away excess.
- 2. With right sides facing up, center felt pieces on white cotton. Secure with basting glue following manufacturer's instructions. Place voile over felt and pin to cotton edges to secure. Use fabric marker to outline shape of legs, inner ears of lion, and giraffe tail.
- 3. With voile side facing up, use two strands of 800 Pale Delft Blue for lion and 604 Cranberry-LT for giraffe to hand-sew running stitch along edges of felt shapes to secure in place. Use running stitch to create lion's inner ears, leg shapes, and giraffe's tail. Use straight stitch to create lion's mouth and giraffe's tail tuft. Use six strands of 610 Drab Brown-DK to French knots eyes wrapping strands two times.
- 4. Cut 15"x13" panel and 15"x3" panel from calico for backing. Cut two 15"x3-1/2" strips and two 10"x3-1/2" strips from calico for pillow front.
- 5. With right sides facing, place 10"x3-1/2" calico strip along top edge of pillow front; pin. Machine-sew together using 1/2" seam. Machine-sew remaining 10"x3-1/2" strip to bottom edge. Press seams toward calico strip. Add 15"x3-1/2" strips to sides of pillow front in same manner.
- 6. Press 1/2" of fabric under on one long edge of both back pieces; machine-sew zipper to create 15"x15" back.
- 7. Baste cording beginning at right edge of pillow front continuing around pillow. With right sides facing, pin front to back; machine-sew around edges. Trim corners; turn right side out. Insert pillow form.