Pattern - Quilted Wine Bottle Bag
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut bag pieces from fabric and batting following directions on patterns.
- 2. Place red handle piece and green lining piece right sides together; place wrong side of red piece on top of cotton batting handle piece. Line up raw edges of center oval. Machine-sew around oval using 1/4" seam allowance. Clip curves, turn green piece through oval hole, and press. Repeat steps with other handle. Place two handles with red fabric together and machine-sew sides using 1/4" seam allowance. Wrap seams in bias tape and machine-sew in place to finish seam. Set aside.
- 3. Sandwich bottom red piece, bottom batting, and bottom green piece together so right side of fabrics are facing out. Match raw edges and machine-sew using zigzag stitch.
- 4. Sandwich 11"x11" batting between red fabric and green fabric so right sides are facing out. Machine quilt horizontal lines every 1-1/4". Fold in half with red fabric facing itself. Stitch one side. Pin bottom piece of wine bag to one end making sure right sides are facing. Machine-sew bottom in place. Zigzag stitch all raw seam allowances.
- 5. Slide handle piece over top edge of bottle holder so that right sides are facing each other. Pin raw edges together and stitch. Use bias tape to finish seam. Turn right side out and press. Adhere rickrack on crease of seam using glue gun.