Pattern - Gentlemanly Gingerbread Ornament
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut materials as indicated.
- 2. Use black floss to sew eyes to face. For mouth, draw curved line with air-soluble pen. Use red floss and small needle to sew red beads along line. For "frosting" lines, use white floss to sew curved row of white beads near top of head and near end of each arm and leg.
- 3. For vest, follow manufacturer's instructions to apply fusible adhesive to wrong side of paisley fabric. Remove backing and fold fabric over adhesive; fuse layers together. Use pattern to cut out vest. Sew front and back together at shoulders with 1/8" seam. Turn right side out. For pocket, cut 3/8"x5/8" rectangle from fused fabric scraps. Sew or glue top long pocket edge to vest as shown.
- 4. Tack or glue one chain end to back of clock button; attach to one hand. Lift pocket flap and attach remaining chain end to vest.
- 5. Overlap ribbon ends 1/2" and fold ribbon so ends are at center back and folded ribbon is 1-1/2" across. Sew gathering stitch up center of folded ribbon. Pull thread to gather; wrap thread around center several times before knotting. Sew bell to center front. Glue bow tie to neck.
- 6. For hanger, make small stitch at back of head with brown cord; knot and trim ends.