Comfy pet bed
size: 20" square
- Polar fleece, 1-3/4 yds. of two colors
- Sewing machine and coordinating threads
- 1. From each fleece color, cut two 20" squares and four 6"x20" rectangles.
- 2. Stack 6"x20" rectangles together in pairs (one of each color for each pair). To make opening for front of bed, cut 3"x10" rectangle from center top of one of stacked rectangles. Cut opening corners diagonally.
- 3. To finish sides of bed, sew across top of each pair of stacked rectangles. Sew short ends of all four rectangles together, forming a tube.
- 4. Stack one 20" square of each color together for bed bottom. (Note: Bottom is not stuffed.) Stuff sides of tube with fleece scraps, then sew to sides of bed bottom. Fill and sew one side at a time, sewing only to stitching at sides.
- 5. For pillow liner, stack one 20" square of each color together. Sew around edge, leaving a 6" opening. Stuff pillow with cut fleece scraps. Sew opening closed and place pillow in bed.
- 1. Sew all seams with right sides facing out, using 3/8" seam allowance. Stuff pillow lining and sides of bed with leftover 1" polar fleece squares.