size: 5" across
- Felt: grey; pink
- Black beads with holes (eyes), 6mm, two
- Pink pom-pom, 1/4”
- Warm & Natural needled cotton batting (The Warm Company)
- Catnip, 1/4 cup
- Grey sewing or quilting thread
- Black embroidery floss
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
Pattern - Cat Toy
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut mouse shape from grey felt. For ears, cut two 1" grey felt circles and two 3/4" pink circles. Glue pink circles to grey circles. Fold grey circles in half and sew tiny stitch at bottom to pinch ears. Sew bottom of ears to mouse with tip at dots indicated on pattern and top of ears overlapping outside edge of mouse.
- 2. Cut slightly smaller mouse shape from batting. Place batting shape on wrong side of felt shape. (Note: Batting adds a layer between felt and catnip so cat will still be able to smell catnip, but won't be able to tear through felt.)
- 3. Cut loops at one end of embroidery skein. Remove labels from skein. Unfold skein. Remove several six strand sections. Knot skein ends together. Tape knot to work surface. Divide skein into three equal sections and braid for 6". Knot ends together at bottom of braid. Trim ends 1" from knot. Glue top knot of braid to center back of mouse on wrong side.
- 4. Fold mouse shape along fold line with right side facing out. Use three strands floss to blanket stitch along top edge of mouse, beginning at nose, leaving 2" opening on back. (Note: Do not cut embroidery threads.)
- 5. Fill mouse with catnip through opening. Blanket stitch opening closed.
- 6. Use grey thread to sew pom-pom and beads to face.