Pattern - Burlap Monogram Stockings
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut out stocking, monogram, holly leaves, and batting following directions on patterns.
- 2. Take exterior cuff piece and arrange monogram letter and holly leaves. Hand-sew holly leaves on cuff using running stitch and embroidery floss. Hand-sew letter into place using whipstitch. Hand-sew red buttons at base of leaves. Iron bottom edge of cuff under 1/4".
- 3. Line up exterior cuff with top edge of stocking and pin along top and bottom edge. Machine-sew along bottom edge of cuff and baste stitch along top edge. Repeat for stocking back, making sure cuff is on right side of burlap.
- 4. Position both front and back stocking on fleece piece so right side of stocking is facing out. Place pins around raw edges to hold two layers together. Place stockings right sides together and machine-sew raw edges except for top edge. Turn stocking out and press.
- 5. Cut 3"x22" burlap strip. Press in half and then press edges toward center to make burlap binding tape. Wrap top edge of stocking in bias tape and pin in place. Hand-sew along edge of burlap.
- 6. From remaining bias tape, cut 7"-long strip and fold in half lengthwise. Loop and hand-sew edges inside right corner of stocking for hanger.