Pattern - Fabric Flowerpot Covers
- 1. Print out full-size patterns. Cut 19-3/4"x9" and 6"-diameter circle from coral circular print fabric (main print) and 19-3/4"x3", 19-1/2"x8-3/4", and 6"-diameter circle from coral square print fabric (accent print). Cut 9-1/2"x8-3/4" and 6"-diameter circle from iron-on laminate and 19-3/4"x9" and 6"-diameter circle from foam.
- 2. Position teflon sheet on pressing surface. Following manufacturer's instructions, fuse 19-3/4"x9" foam panel to wrong side of same-size circular print fabric. Fuse foam circle to wrong side of circular print circle and wrong side of square print circle, sandwiching between fabric layers. Set circle stack aside.
- 3. Attach Open Toe Foot to machine; set to center needle straight stitch. Draw line 2-3/4" from top long edge of large main circular-print panel. Center rickrack over marked line; machine-sew. Center 3" square-print panel on large circular-print panel, aligning top edge of square-print panel with rickrack. Pin in place vertically. Flip panels over; machine-sew from back side using previous stitching as guide. Flip back over; press square panel up, covering seam allowance. Baste across top edge to secure all layers. (Note: Remember to use pressing sheet to prevent sticking.)
- 4. Draw placement lines on circular-print panel using fabric pen as follows: 5-1/4" from top edge across entire width and vertical line down center from top to bottom. Transfer large center flower onto fabric. Load embroidery thread into sewing machine, leaving sewing thread in bobbin. Select zigzag stitch and set W = 6.0 and L = 0.9 for satin stitching.
- 5. Install Circular Attachment on machine and use extension table. Position tear-away stabilizer behind fabric. Machine-sew following steps on attachment to complete center flower. Transfer remaining flowers to panel and stitch as before, narrowing satin stitch to W = 3.0 and L = 0.9 for smaller flowers. Remove stabilizer; set panel aside.
- 6. Following manufacturer's instructions, adhere iron-on laminate to right side of large square-print panel and circle.
- 7. Remove Circular Attachment, extension table, embroidery thread, and specialty foot from sewing machine; reinstall standard foot and sewing thread. Set stitch to center needle straight stitch. Machine-sew lining fabric and outer circular-print panel together along top edge with 1/2" seam. Trim seam allowance; press toward lining, using release paper to cover seam. Avoid touching laminated fabric with iron directly. Understitch along top edge to keep lining from showing. Fold lining to back side of project; press again along fold.
- 8. Open lining and bring side edges together with right sides facing matching raw edges and seams; pin in place. Machine-sew sides together using 1/2" seam. Press seam open; use release paper to protect iron.
- 9. Quarter bottom edge of flower pot tube and circular base, adding pins as markers. Pin base to flower pot, matching quarter markings. Machine-sew around circular base, using edge of foot as guide. Machine-sew row of stitching around remaining raw edge of liner fabric, folding raw edge under on stitched line. Press using release paper.
- 10. With fabric still inside out, fold lining down around flowerpot. Match folded edge with stitched line for base. Tuck seam allowance inside; pin to secure. Hand-sew around base to encase seam allowance. Turn right side out and press.