Paisley window valance
size: 24"x52" (fits standard 36" window)
- Cotton paisley print, 25”x53”
- Muslin (lining), 25”x53”
- Ivory grosgrain ribbon, 1-1/2”, 29” length, two
- Coordinating buttons, two
- Straight pins
- Iron and pressing board
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- 1. With right sides of fabric facing, pin paisley print and muslin rectangles together; sew together, 1/2" from edge, leaving 3-1/2" opening at the top of both sides for rod pocket and 6" opening for turning. Trim corners at angle and turn right side out. Hand sew 6" opening closed. Press.
- 2. For rod pocket, sew across top of fabric rectangle 1/8" and 3-1/2" from edge. Insert 3" rod through valance and hang above window; adjust fabric gathers on rod evenly.
- 3. For ribbon loops, fold one ribbon end under 2". Place remaining ribbon end even with folded end, forming a tube. Sew button to overlapping ribbon ends to secure. Place ribbon loops around valance and rod so they hang evenly at sides. Adjust valance to drape at center and ends as shown.